- Grand Rapids, MI
- Application Deadline:
- Friday, March 21, 2014
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Daily matching and data entry of vendor payables invoices.
2. Maintain Construction in Progress, and the fixed asset sub-system for all new additions and/or disposals as well as the reporting and reconciliation of all related balance sheet accounts. Provide property tax reports for the corporate tax accountant necessary for IRS reporting.
3. Responsible for maintaining exemption certificates, processing all state and local sales and use tax filings with appropriate jurisdictions, and providing correct tax rates to the pricing team
4. Assist in various monthly closing duties such as fixed assets, and journal entries for month-end accruals. Input departmental journal entries.
5. Miscellaneous tasks as assigned including, but not limited to the processing of debit and credit memos, filing journal entries, and assisting with month end as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
2. Two to three years of work experience
1. Analytical and problem solving skills
2. The ability to multitask
4. Able to work independently as well as part of a team