- Grand Rapids, MI
- AE Engineering
- Application Deadline:
- Friday, March 28, 2014
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs some or all of the following functions:
Prepare complete and accurate engineering documentation for manufacture of product to meet defined customer requirements within committed engineering date. Prepare complete and accurate engineering documentation as per engineering standards. Analyze current designs for possible product improvement and cost savings. Provide interdepartmental support. Responsible for corrective actions. Maintain project files with all related communications, internal and external.
Primary responsibilities include some or all of the following:
1. Analyze customer specifications and layouts to determine acceptable product application.
2. Estimate hours to complete sales order and commit to engineering release dates.
3. Create new drawings for re-designed products to reduce cost.
4. Revise existing drawings to improve manufacturing assembly and reduce through-put time.
5. Create and complete appropriate forms such as sales order changes, engineering change orders, requests for sales order releases, special engineering deviations, and engineering release notices based on departmental procedures.
6. Communicate to confirm specifications and resolves open issues as applicable.
7. Prepare letters, layouts and drawings for customer approval packages.
8. Analyze and generate installation instructions as applicable.
9. Provide product development support.
10. Research requests for information. Retrieve prints to secure detailed information, such as part numbers, dimensions, other relevant information, or acquire information to create new prints.
11. Receive and complete all corrective engineering actions.
Secondary responsibilities include some or all of the following:
1. Troubleshoot, instruct and assist in engineering computer operations.
2. Provide accurate and timely technical assistance to internal and external customers.
3. Investigate and resolve production or field problems in a timely manner.
4. Provide research and development input on special projects or new products.
5. Maintain files and reference books. Prepare work and test requests, test reports, weight analysis reports and interoffice communications.
6. Create new drawings and documentation for special product requests.
7. Respond to calls from manufacturing to analyze problems related to the design of product.
1. Associates degree or equivalent education/work experience in a technical or engineering field.
2. One to two years work experience.
3. Foundation of computer aided drafting and mathematics.
4. AutoCAD drafting experience required. Experience with other cad software preferred.
Skills required include some or all of the following:
1. In depth knowledge of product.
2. Drafting experience. Proficiency on computer and computer software, specifically in SolidWorks, Cadkey, Excel, Microsoft Word etc.
3. Interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interpret and translate facts and the ability to exchange information.
4. Mathematical skills.
5. In depth knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling and materials.
6. Simple to moderately complex problem solving skills.