Project Manager - Major Projects
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Application Deadline:
- Friday, December 20, 2013
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Assume project management responsibilities for major and special APG projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Schedule and conduct job review meetings. Prepare and regularly update detailed project schedule. Communicate project status information and critical issues reports and distribute to construction team, installer, and American Seating team members. Coordinates the details of the order with all relevant parties to ensure a successful installation.
2. Reviews contracts, bid documents, and purchase orders. Determines the steps needed to complete production for on time delivery.
3. Work with engineering, quality, manufacturing, and material planning to determine most timely, cost effective solution.
4. Registers orders into the computer system, establishing critical production dates in the process.
5. Serves as a primary channel of communications with customers and subcontractors. Monitor and control all phases of contracts to assure project success.
6. Coordinates and contracts with subcontractors to install product. Approves invoices for payment.
7. Schedules and ensures shipping dates with the job site, installer and carriers.
8. Make field visits to evaluate project progress.
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends all meetings on production, scheduling, credit and any others as required.
2. Collect all data necessary for required submittals. Prepare submittals and maintain submittal logs, including insurance.
3. Answer general questions from customers, field sales, representatives, dealers and other departments concerning installation, product application and company procedure and policy
1. Four year bachelor=s degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
2. Four to six years’ work experience in construction or furniture project management.
1. Interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to translate and interpret facts and information, and understands the importance of relationships in effective teamwork.
2. Collaborates to find mutually agreeable solutions to problems.
3. Knowledge of construction, space plans, architectural prints, construction methods and product installation. Ability to read blue prints, shop drawings and technical data.
4. General contract knowledge and interpretation. Experience in the execution of contractual rights and obligations.
5. General accounting knowledge.
6. Ability to manage and follow up on projects.
7. Proficient in use of computer and various types of software.