Environmental Health & Safety Manager
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Human Resources
- Application Deadline:
- Friday, December 27, 2013
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responds to safety related complaints, accidents, incidents and near misses. 100% formal accident investigation reporting within one business day and feasible corrective action recommendation within two business days.
2. Provides safety training and promotes accident prevention. Conducts new employee safety orientations.
3. Conducts tours with federal, state, local and insurance inspectors. Works directly with operations in resolving any citations issued by local, state, and federal inspectors; including written reports.
4. Advises manufacturing engineering of regulations affecting design, construction, and installation of plant facilities and equipment. Evaluates and approves new chemical and/or processes for health, safety and environmental impact.
5. Audits all Company facilities to insure compliance with corporate, local, state, and federal EHS standards.
6. Monitoring and reporting of all regulatory air quality emissions under the DEQ Air Permit requirements. Complete and submit the Annual “MAERS” (Michigan Air Emissions Reporting System) report. Ensure all spray booth areas meet air ventilation and ‘grounding’ requirements to prevent hazardous exposure.
7. Monitoring, sampling and reporting of all regulatory waste water discharging, under the DEQ and the City of Grand Rapids discharge permit requirements. Complete and submit the Semi-Annual reports. (I.P.P – Industrial Pre -Treatment Program)
8. Monitoring, inspecting and reporting of all regulatory storm water discharging, under the DEQ permit requirements. Must maintain and update the SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan). Complete and submit the Annual reports. Perform annual training for employees. Must retain an “Industrial Storm Water Certified Operator” license.
9. Monitoring and reporting of all regulatory inventories under the MDEQ “SARA Title III Tier 2 report”. (Superfund Amendments & Reauthorization Act). Complete and submit the annual reports.
10. Maintain company’s onsite hazardous waste storage building (Small Quantity Generator). Arrange for disposal and record keeping including manifest tracking.
11. Maintain all record keeping of company’s offsite landfill requirements.
12. Maintain record keeping of all onsite Phase I environmental studies.
13. Knowledge in asbestos awareness and recordkeeping.
14. Knowledge in Recycling and single stream reduction striates.
1. Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, or equivalent experience.
2. Knowledge of all pertinent safety / environmental laws and regulations (MIOSHA, OSHA, MDEQ, DEQ, USEPA, etc.).
3. Three to five years of industrial Environmental & safety responsibilities in a manufacturing environment.