- Grand Rapids, MI
- TPG Engineering
- Application Deadline:
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs any or all of the following functions:
1. Directs engineering activity on special design projects
2. Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
3. Resolve engineering, design manufacturing and assembly issues and seek to provide lower cost and more efficient products.
4. Solve design problems to meet customer requests
5. Work with tooling, manufacturing, processing, quality and purchasing to implement product.
6. Provide analytical and structural analysis of product to ensure performance, safety, integrity and durability meet criteria.
7. Generate necessary information to determine product costs.
8. Work with outside suppliers of parts and tooling and to resolve unexpected problems.
9. Assist designers, engineering associates and drafters with product layouts or engineering analysis for project applications.
10. Work within test lab for product proofs and offers ideas to better test procedures and test criteria to get the best information.
11. Work to ensure prototypes and any special tooling for products are to prints and specification.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering
2. Four to seven years related work experience
1. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, principles, design and analysis simulations, material science, strength of materials and machine design.
2. Proficiency with CAD software, finite element analysis, dynamic analysis, and modeling programs
3. Ability to manage projects
4. Ability to read product blueprints and architectural and structural project plans.
5. Interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interpret and translate facts and information