- Grand Rapids, MI
- Transportation Engineering
- Application Deadline:
- Friday, May 31, 2013
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs some or all of the following functions:
Uses 2D CAD and parametric based solid modeling to produce accurate and complete models, assembly drawings, piece part drawings, three dimensional layouts and component layouts for production of new or modification of existing products. Responsibilities include other miscellaneous duties as required.
1) Prepares accurate engineering documentation such as: engineering change orders, special engineering deviations, stop orders, etc.
2) Creates accurate models and manufacturing drawings in a timely manner.
3) Contacts outside sources for information and sample hardware etc., for current projects.
4) Reviews work completed to assure that changes do not impact tooling.
5) Completes projects in an accurate and timely manner.
6) Modifies products under the direction of Project Engineers or Applications Engineering Associates. Updates current or creates new prints.
7) Other duties as required by Director of Engineering, Applications Engineering Associates, Project Engineers, Drafter/Detailers or other Drafters.
8) Utilizes both Cadkey and SolidWorks software.
Secondary responsibilities include some or all of the following:
1) Enters projects in database accurately and timely.
2) Completes reports accurately and timely.
3) Maintains accurate files for projects.
4) Works with Model Shop and Test Lab at direction of Project Engineers or Applications Engineering Associates.
5) Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
6) Other duties as required by Engineering Management, Project Engineer or Applications Engineering Associate.
1) High School diploma.
2) One to two years education in CAD drafting and solid modeling with certificate of training completion. Associate=s degree preferable.
3) Two year minimum work experience in drafting of documents for manufacturing of products.
1) Knowledge of product processes related to seating including metal fabrication, materials, welding, fasteners, injection molded plastics, foam, etc.
2) Proficiency on computer and computer software, specifically on SolidWorks Cadkey, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
3) Interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interpret and translate facts and the ability to exchange information. Ability to speak with current and potential suppliers. May have contact with customers
4) Aptitude for detail and creativity. Ability to apply problem solving skills.
5) Knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, and, tooling. Ability to use calipers, radius gages, micrometers and rulers for measurements.
6) Ability to visualize what is required.