- Grand Rapids, MI
- Project Management
- Application Deadline:
- Friday, June 07, 2013
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provides primary channel of communications with customers and subcontractors. Monitors and controls all phases of contracts to assure project success.
2. Act as sole contact for resolution of quality issues. Collect pertinent information and seek involvement when necessary from other parties to work toward problem resolution. This may include coordination of a return trip by an installer or field service technician.
3. Collects all data necessary for required project submittals.
4. Works with the seat plan department to coordinate layout drawings. Requests specials and product drawings from engineering department.
5. Reviews contract for rights and obligations and prepares contract summary reports for management and all other involved groups or individuals.
6. Negotiates and issues contract change orders as the scope of contractual agreements change during the course of the project.
7. Issues bid requests and award contracts/sub-contracts for installation and/or construction. Supervision includes directing the sub-contract and actual job sight supervision when necessary.
8. Conducts status meetings when necessary on special products and issues reports on critical matters for resolution.
9. Compiles project status information and critical issues reports and distributes reports internally and externally to assure required action is taken to ensure project success. Creates and maintains logs for all revenues and costs to ensure budget controls and profitability.
10. Formulates and monitors the status of a project team. Establishes delivery and/or completion schedules consistent with contracts. Coordinates all resources to investigate and resolve problems affecting contract success and/or company policy.
11. Responsible for the completion of the job sight punch list and for obtaining sign off from the Customer, indicating customer approval/acceptance.
12. Responsible to double check accuracy of product order entry and maintains organized project files, containing all pertinent project documents and correspondence.
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers general questions from customers, field sales, representatives, dealers and other departments concerning installation, product application and company procedure and policy.
2. Handles Federal Express deliveries.
3. Provides training and/or support to new hires as necessary
1. Four year bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
2. Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managing multiple projects.
1. Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to translate and interpret facts and information, persuade others to take action and the ability to resolve disputes
2. Ability to manage and follow up on multiple projects ranging in size and complexity.
3. Proficient in use of computer and various types of software
4. General contract knowledge and interpretation. Experience in the execution of contractual rights and obligations.
5. Knowledge of construction, ability to read blue prints, shop drawings and technical data a plus.